Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Engineer is responsible for providing professional Mechanical Engineering service and technical support to Maintenance and Operation departments for the redesign, modification, reengineering and retrofitting of machinery and equipment to improve quality and productivity. This position has freedom of contact throughout the company on Operations and Maintenance Engineering activities, particularly with Engineering, Operations and Maintenance Personnel.
- $70,000 to $74,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
- Study machinery requirements, maintenance manuals and maintenance procedures to design and establish Preventative Maintenance Programs to increase equipment uptime. Coordinate all Predictive and Preventative Maintenance activities and ensure all maintenance work is satisfactorily complete as assigned.
- Analyze and define machinery and equipment problems to improve quality, productivity, repair damaged equipment, save money, and increase production line uptime.
- Coordinate and set priority for the Mechanical Engineers in assigned area.
- Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance Personnel to provide technical expertise and support on the full range of maintenance projects and programs to reduce maintenance costs, avoid costly downtime, and increase equipment utilization.
- Redesign, reengineer and /or retrofit machinery and equipment that needs upgrading, is damaged, is poorly designed or is incorrectly used in order to improve quality and productivity, to repair damaged equipment, to save money and to improve production line up-time.
- Define and scope projects, make engineering drawings or layouts, write engineering reports, make cost estimates, obtain bids, write work orders, make recommendations to management, obtain approval to purchase necessary equipment and materials, and works with Maintenance and Operations personnel to retrofit and install.
- Define, prepare and control work orders. Prepare work instructions, orders and secure spare parts for jobs to be completed by Maintenance personnel. Review all work for proper completion to ensure the orderly and efficient utilization of Maintenance manpower and materials.
- Provide for and ensure the timely, accurate and efficient administration and control of the spare parts program, assuring that all spares which are essential for the orderly and efficient operation of the plant are either inventoried on site or are readily available for delivery through equipment vendors in order to avoid unnecessary downtime waiting for spare parts.
- Externally, interfaces with equipment manufactures and vendors concerning engineering data, performance specifications, on new installations and existing equipment.
- Assist Operations and Maintenance with troubleshooting and repairs to pollution control equipment in order to meet EPA rules and regulations.
- Follow OSHA regulations as it applies to engineering design, constructions, maintenance and equipment installation to assure company compliance to safety and health requirements.
- Keep abreast of new equipment and techniques by reading appropriate journals, associating with professional organizations, trade associations, colleagues, equipment vendors, service companies, consultants, and government agencies, and attending conferences, training courses, and continuing education courses as appropriate.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum of Technical Degree from approved University/College (BS/BA).
- Basic computer skills.
- One year experience needed in an industrial environment.
- Mobility in plant
- Communication abilities
- Mobility: Stand (stationary), stand/walk, walking, sitting
- Strength and Agility: lifting, carrying 150 ft., push/pull 80 lbs., climbing, balancing, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, crawling, running, twisting, turning.
- Dexterity: Grasping (firm/strong), finger dexterity/handling, reaching.
Salary + Bonus, Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accidental, Short-term, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, 401k with company match, PTO, 9 Paid Holidays
Maintenance Engineering Solutions builds and helps stabilize maintenance, reliability, and production teams for manufacturing facilities across the country. Typical roles we provide support to our clients on include Maintenance Managers, Supervisors, Planners, Schedulers, Mechanics, Electricians, Instrumentation & Controls Technicians, MRO, Storeroom, and Reliability Engineers.
Maintenance Engineering Solutions also provides SME resources in the following areas:
- Maintenance Management, Leadership, Mentorship
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
- Maintenance Coordinator
- PM Development and Optimization
- Asset Management
- CMMS Data Audits and Cleanup
- MRO Specialist
- Storeroom Design and Implementation
- Reliability Engineering
- Root Cause Analysis