- $30 to $35 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Electrician who will support manufacturing operations through effective maintenance procedures. This will include effectively troubleshooting, repairing, installing, replacing, testing and determining root causes of failure and performing corrective actions on equipment. We are currently looking for night shift (7P – 7A) on a 2-2-3 schedule.
- Repair or replace all electrical devices including, but not limited to: breaker panels, motor starters, heaters, fuses, lights, AC drives, VFD’s, motors, electrical switches, etc. – all in accordance with state and federal codes, including company policies and procedures
· Analyze/correct problems and repair/overhaul electrical equipment and controls.
- Inspect and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits
- Isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using instruments such as ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters
- Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment, PLC components, and appliances by using hand tools and testing instruments
- Replace faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems as needed, with the ability to dismantle electrical machinery and replace defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures
- Perform construction work such as running conduits, pulling wire, installing switches, breaker panels, etc. – as needed to supply power to plant electrical apparatus
- Support internal projects and drive plant control system upgrades
- Execute predictive and preventative maintenance program
- Maintain log of equipment repairs and problems. Complete work orders and update CMMS.
- Assist all other maintenance personnel in the event of a major plant break down
- Follow established programs, policies, and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 – 5 years of electrical maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to test and complete circuits according to blueprint and diagram specifications
- Able to troubleshoot and replace PLC’s; programming experience/knowledge preferred
- Know how to use VOM Meter, Megger, AMP Meter and Chart Recorder
- Sound working knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices; AC and DC Electrical Theory; reading/creating electrical prints and control schematics; motor control; personal computer hardware and software; computer networks; pneumatic and hydraulic valves; photo eyes; proximity sensors; limit switches; breakers; fuses
- Able to identify numbers and locations of plant breaker panels
- Must have: basic electric motor repair, electrical construction, trouble shooting skills and some electrical schematic and blue print reading skills
- Must know the operation of and know how to rebuild motor starters
- Basic understanding of AC drive motor controllers
- Be able to lift 50 pounds; stand for long periods of time; work bending, squatting, or lying on your back; walk, requiring many trips throughout the plant and related areas carrying tools; and maneuver in close quarters and climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds, and catwalks during the performance of your job.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan
Maintenance Engineering Solutions builds and helps stabilize maintenance, reliability, and production teams for manufacturing facilities across the country. Typical roles we provide support to our clients on include Maintenance Managers, Supervisors, Planners, Schedulers, Mechanics, Electricians, Instrumentation & Controls Technicians, MRO, Storeroom, and Reliability Engineers.
Maintenance Engineering Solutions also provides SME resources in the following areas:
• Maintenance Management, Leadership, Mentorship
• Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
• Maintenance Coordinator
• PM Development and Optimization
• Asset Management
• CMMS Data Audits and Cleanup
• MRO Specialist
• Storeroom Design and Implementation
• Reliability Engineering
• Root Cause Analysis
Maintenance Engineering Solutions